home 1895
November 24: The Wilshire brothers ask City Council to improve the land they donated to be used as a boulevard and to name it Wilshire Boulevard. The lane is called Nevada Street. They petition for the 120 feet wide boulevard to "be laid out in a 50 foot roadway, with 35 foot sidewalk on each side [and] a cement curb and cement sidewalk, six feet wide." In addition, they request that the land running eastwardly that is donated by the city for another boulevard be laid out the same and named Benton Boulevard.
menu bar for previous and next entry
previous previous